Labels

Monday, January 2, 2012

New things

Well Christmas is over and the new year has begun! We had a great Christmas with lots of fun in California with all of the Kellogg's! it was weird not to be in Canada, I missed my family dearly,  but it was so fun to be with all of Jace's family and celebrate Christmas with them!
In Lancaster there is this one culdesac they call it Candy cane lane, i guess that when you move in there you have to sign a contract that says you will put up lights every year for Christmas. it was so cool every house down the street was completely covered with lights.



On Christmas eve we went and delivered goodies and went caroling to several families in Lancaster. Jace, me and Lisa had to decorate stockings for Christmas, it was fun to try to be creative and decorate our stockings, everyone has a homemade stocking they are all so unique and cute.
Christmas day was quite busy we awoke early for exchanging gifts, I got to finally give Jace my gift for him that I worked hard on, I also got to skype home and watch Julia open our gift to her. I gave my mom and Jace's mom similar things, the same but different ;) each made with love.

we made this for Julia, the flowers on the sides are  hair clips
this is what I gave my mom, Jaces moms was similar.

While in California we went to Fresno and went quading and wakeboarding, on our way back to Lancaster we got to go to Uncle Jim's and pick fruit! it was so cool! we picked Avocado's, grapefruit, Mandarin oranges,  and lemons! it was so cool! I have never picked fruit other than just apples, i was just so amazed at all of the fruit there I was just in heaven with all of the fruit there.

Lemons!

Avocados


us and uncle Jim and Aunt Carolee



One day we were able to go to Los Angeles and we went to the temple, it was so cool, the LA temple is so pretty, we also went shopping while we were in LA, we went to the garment district, its in the middle of LA and it was kinda like little Mexico or something! it was so cool! you walked down this little alley type thing and there was shops on each side and all of these Spanish people were selling all kinds of things. I went into this one shop and found some really cute tops and they were only like 2.99! it was cool because in the shops there was no really set price you could haggle with them and try to get a lower price, it was cool.
it was really bright that day
the temple!
the garment district

We got back on December 31st and had to move that night to our new apartment because we recently accepted the job to be the managers! it was a little crazy moving everything that night we ended up having to move some of it on the first and finish cleaning because people were moving into our old apartment on Monday the 2nd. It was quite the adventure, I think the hardest and most interesting part was moving the couch, luckily we got some guys from our ward to come and help, the hallway over here and the door is a little bit squishy. but it made it with only a few scratches on the door frame.
now we are in our alot bigger apartment, it has two bedrooms and a nice big kitchen with an island, i have enough room for a little sewing corner too! but even with it being twice as big and all, I kinda have a little part of me that misses that little corner that we had, it was small, but i did love it and made it my own, even though it was small. Now its a new apartment, a new semester, and a new job. Managing. its not bad, so far it hasn't been anyways, I just have to answer the phone or return calls, fill maintenance requests, keep the hallways clean, and the entry. and making sure everyone is happy.
well that's it, in a nut shell... hopefully I will write sooner!

No comments: