Labels

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Recently

As Jace is doing homework and written a personal biography I am thinking, hey I do that! i write on my blog! but then I remembered that oh wait... I haven't written in over a month! so here is a small update on our lives here in Rexburg.

Jace is enjoying his job over at Beehive as the executive project manager, (pretty nice title 'executive' and all :). He is working on a bunch of different things for the company, most recently he is working on their upcoming picnic for the end of June! I guess they have this really big picnic  every year with food and lots of fun games, they even have this thing they call a fish scramble where they throw about 150 fish into a handmade pond basically, and then let kids try to catch them and win prizes! Jace has also got into the routine of going and working out every day! his muscles are constantly sore, but he always says he feels refreshed after going to the gym. (he also seems less stressed, which is wonderful.) He has decided he wants to loose those few extra pounds he has put on since we have been married and tone up. I go to the gym with him sometimes, but it is hard for me sometimes because I know I am not going to get any skinnier till after I have this baby... but is is nice and refreshing, sometimes I even go swimming, but I am starting to discover that my clothes don't fit as nicely as they used to and I might need to get a few new items before too long! I am still working at Pizza Pie Cafe, and I also decided to take a leap and become a beauty consultant for Mary Kay! So if you are wanting a free facial or some really great products just let me know!

The Baby, you will be happy to know is growing and is about the size of a large Banana 7in, and 11oz. she wiggles occasionally and Jace and I have been able to feel her kick! it is quite the experience very rewarding and neat. Next week on Thursday we get to go for a 3D ultrasound! it will be quite exciting to see our little girly again.

last night for our date night Jace took me out to wingers where we shared a half rack of ribs and half a chicken! no we didn't finish it all, there was also steak fries, coleslaw, baked beans, and I got a salad. we enjoyed our meal and then came home and made Oreo truffles for desert! they didn't turn out that pretty, something about melting chocolate chips doesn't work that well... next time we might have to try something different, but they turned out yummy that's for sure! just got to make sure we don't eat too many, even though they are yummy. to finish off the night we watched despicable me and I fell asleep within the first 1/2 hour... (making a baby is hard work!)

Yesterday I read an interesting blog post, someone had posted it on their facebook and the title intrigued me as I was thinking, 'I wonder what this is about?' so I began reading only to find out that it was a post about a man who celebrated his ten year anniversary with his wife and has three beautiful daughters and he has decided to come out and tell the world he is gay. it was definitely an interesting perspective and also somewhat educational. As this subject is becoming more and more prominent in the world we live in I wonder what will I ever do if  I have a child like that, or run into people with different beliefs, how will I address the subject or live with them without shunning or being rude. There is a part in His blog post where he talks about having to go to a psychologist to get medication for ADHD. where the therapist was lesbian and he told her he is gay and happily married where she in turn became concerned about his happiness wondering if he truly was happy and as he assured her he was their conversation came to a close with her saying, "...I think it’s sad that you have to settle for something that is counterfeit.” where he replied to her saying, “and I’m sorry that you have to settle for a counterfeit family.” it was an interesting aspect to think about and discuss with Jace. if you are interested in reading the post, here is the link,  and if you have a few minutes I would highly recommend it.

Anyways life is good and I love my husband and our little baby very much!

No comments: