Labels

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

   I do love halloween and dressing up, I dont love all of the scary parts, like haunted things and scary movies, Jace took me to the haunted mill, and that was scary enough for me! also on halloween night we watched hocus pocus with some friends which was very fun, but i definately could not watch anything scarier.  for halloween at work we got to carve pumkins! (yes you should be jealous that you dont go to work and get to carve pumpkins. it was so much fun!) Me and another girl won a prize for having the best carved pumpkin, we were pretty dedicated to our pumpkins though, most people just used stencils, but we were quite dedicated. when I brought jace to work to show him my pumpkin, he picked it out right away, I guess he knows me pretty well!
My beautiful pumpkin!

the other winnning pumpkin

just another pumkin, but I thought it was cute so i put it up ;)

Our ward had a halloween party and jace and I dressed up as the flinstones! I found the perfect fabric at porters, and made my necklace with foam balls covered with fabric. at the party they had a pie contest, so I made a pie for it, the bishopbrick judged the pies, I didnt win anything, since Jace helped judge, but he said that everyone liked my pie crust the best, so I was pretty proud of that! Thanks to mom for the recipie!
the Flinstones!

me making pie, unfortunately i didnt get a picture of the finnished result so you just have to imagine.

  Now that halloween is over, I just can't wait for christmas! I guess that here in America thanksgiving comes first, but I can still get ready for christmas! Does anyone have some great ideas for presents? got to work on that too! but I think most of all I just love listening to christmas music and getting into the Christmas spirit, remembering why it is so important, and giving, just like Christ did for us.

No comments: